Presentation of traditional carnival characters
The presentations of traditional carnival characters is the main event that revives the old city centre of Ptuj in the time of carnival. Visitors can meet Kurents in the beautiful medieval streets of Ptuj every day of the festival, however these presentations bring the rituals, dances and customs of our other well known traditional carnival characters to the spotlight.
- On Sunday, 4 February 2018 you will be able to meet the cheeky “rusa”, whip-crackers, chasing the winter away with their loud cracks and of course Kurents.
- On Monday, 5 February 2018 you will be able to meet the ploughmen, the women will bring their men and of course Kurents will join us at the end.
- On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 you will be able to meet face to face with Jürek and the naughty Rabolj from Haloze and admire them chasing each other, accompanied by Kurents.
- On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 log haulers will join us with the hopes they find a bride for Hanzek, the tales and songs of gypsies from the surrounding Dornava village will be presented, and the evening will be round-up by the well know sounds of Kurents’ bells.
- On Thursday, 8 February 2108 it is the evening of spearmen, fairies, cockerels, bears, Kurents.